Cinch IT engineers are certified in ITIL Service Management and follow these guidelines for all projects.
ITIL (the IT Infrastructure Library) is the most widely accepted approach to IT service management in the world, ITIL provides a comprehensive and consistent set of best practices for IT service management, promoting a quality approach to achieving business effectiveness and efficiency in the use of information systems.
ITIL is based on the collective experience of commercial and governmental practitioners worldwide. This has been distilled into one reliable, coherent approach, which is fast becoming a de facto standard used by some of the world's leading businesses.
The ethos behind the development of ITIL is the recognition that increasingly organisations are becoming dependent on IT in order to satisfy their corporate aims and meet their business needs. This increasing dependency leads to a growing requirement for high quality IT services. In this context quality means matched to business needs and user requirements as these evolve.
Business benefits of using ITIL certified companies.
- Overall improved quality of business operations by ensuring that IT processes underpin the business processes
- More reliable business support provided by processes such as Incident Management and Change Management as well as the Service Desk
- Customers will know what to expect from IT and what is required of them to ensure this can be delivered
- Increased productivity of business and Customer staff because of more reliable, more available, IT Services
- IT Service Continuity procedures are more focused on the business needs and there will be more confidence in the ability to follow them when required
- Better working relationships between the Customers and the IT service provider
- Enhanced Customer satisfaction as service providers know and deliver what is expected of them.